On my recent trip to London for the 2012 television BAFTAs, I fell in love with the capital city all over again. Here’s why…
1. The 2012 Olympic Games. St Pancras station sports the beautiful Olympic rings.
2. The Diamond Jubilee. The preparations outside Buckingham Palace are well under way.
3. Damien Hirst at the Tate Modern until 9 September 2012
4. The Shard – the tallest building in Western Europe – is due to open to the public this July
5. Celebrity central. Home to the BAFTAs, the BFI film festival and numerous UK movie premiers.
6. Raymond Blanc’s new brasserie at Covent Garden with a rooftop view of the piazza
7. Jubilee fever. London looks even more patriotic this month with Jubilee memorabilia all around. The photo shows the beautifully decorated Hay’s Galleria on London’s Southbank.
8. Street art and quirky grafitti
9. The Christian Louboutin exhibition at The Design Museum until 9 July 2012
10. And finally, the weather – it’s always warmer in London!